8.08.2016

"Do you need to go to jail? No? Sweet! Wanna get baptized?"



THE 'CUSE!!!!!

Syracuse is the bomb!! Such  a great place to find people! I practically travel the whole world in one day! It is such a melting pot! It is so fun!! Keeps things interesting and for the most part everyone loves Jesus! So that is a plus for the Jesus People (a.k.a us) :)


So we had some really cool experiences this week I will tell you about one and then I will get into the investigators. We had dinner at the Stanton's house.  Sister Stanton's husband is not a member and he came to eat dinner with us and told Sister Dillard to pray for rain because we weren't having any and they own a huge Horse Ranch. So she prays for Rain. 15 minutes later. IT'S A DOWN POUR!!!! So cool!!! He comes back into the kitchen and says "YOU CAN COME AND PRAY ANYTIME!!" It was so cool!! Then when we were about to leave I prayed again for the rain and it came down harder. I think her husband likes us now! haha!!! :

MISSION LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE

We also had Mission Leadership Conference this week, my very first one. It was so great! I know that the Lord is really leading and guiding this mission and we are just his tools. It is amazing to be apart of such a great think tank to get this mission growing and improving!! I love the NYUM so much!! :)

PEOPLE WE TEACH!!! :)

SISTER DEVRIES AND SISTER DILLARD
Carvien : Carvien is sweet! He is probably 18 and he is such a nice kid! We knocked on his door one day and taught him right there. He is really struggling in life and wants to find answers to all his questions and he wants to be more religious. He is just an 18 year old boy with agency who keeps forgetting to read the Book of Mormon but he really likes what we teach. He is awesome!!

Rutagrama's: The Rutagrama's are from the Congo! They are the sweetest family ever! The two girls were baptized right before I got here. There is one more girl who needs to be baptized. She doesn't want to be though because she has no friends in the ward. She says that the Missionaries are here only friends in America. How sad is that!!! I LOVE HER SO MUCH though and I am so grateful that we get to be considered her friends. She always gives us the biggest hugs. We just need young women in the ward so she can feel welcome. But we are working on it! The Recent Converts are so cute! They are my favorite little kids ever!!!! I absolutely love them all!!! :)

Stephanie: Stephanie is amazing! She really loves the Gospel. She knows that it is making her a better person in the short time that I have been her she has been coming to church for 2 weeks in a row and wearing more modest clothes around us. She is also quitting smoking and is doing everything she can to prepare for baptism. Stephanie has some road blocks in the way though. She  is a young mom and has 3 kids. Two of which are living with her and her boyfriend right now. She is so great! She is changing!!! She is amazing! I love her so much and I know that she is going to be ready soon. We just have to get rid of these road blocks!!

There is a man in his 60's and he is super cool. He really likes learning about Christ and he is starting to take steps of repentance without us really even having to tell him. He is in trouble with the law too though so we have more roadblocks we have to pass before he can be baptized. But he is doing great and progressing nicely.

**Hence the title... a lot of our investigators have to go to jail before they can get baptized.. haha Syracuse problems**

Greg: Greg is my favorite. Greg is a Headquarter Referral. Which means that he requested a visit from the missionaries himself. Greg is really sick. He has cancer and has been given a time limit on his life. He has investigated the church in the past and has a lot of Family and Friends that are members and he decided now is time to try it out. To see if it is what he needs. We taught him the first lesson about the Restoration of the Gospel and the Book of Mormon and we were about to leave him with a commitment to read and pray when he says. I am glad you gave me this Book of Mormon because I need to read and find out for myself. He is awesome! He is so prepared to hear the gospel! He was definitely a tender mercy!  I just started to cry during his lesson. This is the moment I have been waiting for in my mission. I knew that there had to be someone out there who was just searching to find this and Greg was. I know that my hard work to get to this point was worth it! I am so grateful that I have been given the opportunity to serve here!!! I LOVE SYRACUSE!!!


Well I love you all!! I hope you have a great week!!! BYE!!!!!



IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE!
















No comments:

Post a Comment