11.01.2016

TWO SISTER DEVRIES'?
This week was AWESOME! but soooo long.. days were short, the week was long this week ! :) I feel like it has been forever since I have written.. maybe because my email was kinda lame last week.. sorry guys!! :) Still love you all!! ALRIGHTY YOU READY!!!!!!

So first off! Sister Virgin's birthday was a blast! She definitely felt so much love from the Elders, Family and Friends and the WARD! :) We went to the Bond's on Tuesday and I had called them in private (I locked her out of the car! haha) and they were so sweet in making sure that she felt like it was a special day! I am sooo glad that it was and the Birthday didn't end! She received 3 packages and countless letters throughout the week! It was so awesome for her. So much fun for me too.. :) I really love being companions with Sister Virgin! We are hoping that we stay together for 1 more.. we decided if we do though we will practically be married at that point. haha!! But I absolutely love her, she really has been a blessing as a companion and has helped me become a better person. 

So we have seen some sweet progress in Less-Actives and Recent Converts this week! 
 
DORCAS- Dorcas was baptized in June so I came just after that. She is so sweet! I love her to pieces. She has her struggles but we all do. These past few weeks though we have been teaching her the lessons over again and you can just see her testimony growing. She just keeps realizing how true this gospel is and how much God really does love her. I have absolutely grown to love Dorcas 10x more these past few weeks. She is a huge example to me during the Sacrament. She is always praying or reading hymns or pondering and thinking about Christ. She truly takes that time to heal and I think that is so cool. 

ARIEL- Still doing amazing!! She is such a great example to me of just what real discipleship means. She has really grasped the concept of taking upon herself Christ's name and she represents it well. I love her.

CARMELLA (member) & BRUCE (non-member) - Carmella and Bruce came to church this week!!! It was sooooo awesome!!! Bruce said that it wasn't his favorite but that he did feel spiritually uplifted.. we aren't sure what that exactly means but we know it has something to do with the fact that we don't have a Christian Rock Band.. haha.. but we were SUPER excited for Carmella! She was soo excited to be back and to go to Sacrament. I am so glad :) It was amazing to see her there! 

We had 3 less-actives that we directly work with at church yesterday and 2 recent converts! I think we did pretty well! :) 

So now... for the Investigator miracles! :) 

NANCY- So... last week we did not have the best lesson with Nancy.. that is why I didn't want to tell you all about it until it was resolved! She had a question about the skin of blackness in the Book of Mormon. I LOVE QUESTIONS. They are really the foundation of a testimony. Questions are different then doubts. Questions mean that you are open to find the true answer. Doubts mean that you have already came to a possible hypothesis in your mind. So we did LOTS of studies! The appointment happened to be on an exchange so Sister Easthope went with me which I love her. We went through and studied it out with Nancy and then we let her come to the conclusion. She then said.. I just am not sure because I feel like your religion is about Joseph Smith and it is based on this book, not on Christ. DANG.. SLAP TO THE FACE OF MY MISSIONARY EGO! I quickly said... "then I completely apologize Nancy because we have been teaching it all wrong.." Then I proceeded to testify of Christ and His divinity! I know that he lives and I know that his Atonement is real!! I have felt it SOOO much on my mission and I can not deny the reality of it! By the end her heart had softened and we had come to the conclusion that she has to do this with sincere intent and she will find her answers. It was such a powerful lesson. 

ERICA- while on exchange Sister Easthope and I OYMed her! Sister Easthope just said "So .. Do you want to get closer to God?" and she was like "Actually, Yes." It was SUPER COOOL!! :) We taught her the next day on exchange and she was awesome ! She is 18 years old and she is just trying to get closer to God. It was awesome to help her find that :) I am so excited to see her again this week!! :) 

LILY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys I LOVE LILY!!!!!!!! So Lily was a referral from the Watertown Elders. They got it from a Less-Active Member.. Lily is his ex-girlfriend. So I was envisioning this 50 year old woman.. or something like that. We tried calling for weeks and no answer! Then this week we decided to text the number and she text back immediately and we set up an appointment for yesterday at the church. We show up and turn on some lights and get everything ready and then someone comes and parks in the parking lot. I just try to look natural haaha! I got super nervous. Then this young girl gets out of her car starts walking toward the building.. immediately I felt so much love for her. I go to the door and open it and introduce myself. We start getting to know her and she is an Art teacher. She is 23 years old and she was my twin! She loves hiking and being out doors and our whole personality was sooooo similar. She is awesome. We start the lesson and it was the most powerful and natural lesson that I have had on my mission. My love for her grew so much throughout the lesson. By the end we were all so happy :) She asked.. so what's next do I go to a service? learn more? what else do I need to do? I am SOOO excited to continue teaching her! She has so much sincere desire and I just know that this gospel is really going to bless her!! :) 

I love you all! hope you have a great week! Meanwhile I will be here seeing miracles in the 'cuse!

Sister DeVries 


No comments:

Post a Comment