1.26.2017


Alright! This was a crazy week! I don't know if this will be an awesome email but I am going to try!

We were able to see Sandra this week and it was great! :) She loves the Plan of Salvation! We visited and we were asking her how her reading of the pamphlet went and she said something about loving to learn about the Celestial, Terrestrial and Telestial Kingdoms and that she loved telling us about them and about ordinances! She learned so much from the pamphlet and she is just continually learning a lot and absorbing so much! We love her so much! It has been great to teach her!

So that was great! This week was hard though.. It almost seems as though "The Destroyer" knows that we are about to do something great in this area because he has been working on us like crazy, from investigators dropping us, to losing sleep, to losing my planner, to Anti-Mormon's meeting us this week and giving us a piece of their mind. But we just keep going to the "4th Floor, Last Door" because that is all you can do when he is trying all he can to stop the Lords work. IT can not be stopped!! We are so much stronger than he will ever be and I am grateful that I have the opportunity to fight against him daily in such a real way!

We were able to go to the temple this week and it was so great! I love the temple and it was the spiritual strength that we needed this week. I have missed it so much and as soon as I sat down in the temple I felt God's love. I started just crying. He knows me. I know he does and He loves those that I am teaching and those that I love. He is aware of them and he is there to help him. I felt so great going to the temple this time. It was such a special experience to be able to sit there and ponder the knowledge that God has given me and to see how much I have changed since being out here. I am so grateful for this experience and I wouldn't change it for the world.

This experience sums up our week perfectly I think. Last night we went OYMing and I had this guy really stand out to me and he talked to us first, then I commented on his immaculate beard and then he asked our names.. then he saw the name tags and man did the mood change. It was one of the most anti encounters I have had on my mission and it was definitely a hard experience but through it all, I felt peace and love. I know that I needed that experience, no matter how hard it was at the moment. It helped me realize how much I really know that this message this Gospel is true! It doesn't matter what this man says, for I have a testimony and I know the Book of Mormon is true and I know that God knows I know that and I will not deny it! I am so grateful for the Korihors and Anti-Christ in life that reconfirms my faith that yes Satan is real. But most of all God is real and he is stronger.

I had a great week! I hope you can all tell that and I hope that this doesn't sound like my week was bad! it was great! Just so many funny attacks of the adversary. But, He is weak and I am strong when I have God on my side!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister DeVries

No comments:

Post a Comment