6.19.2017

Chittenango Falls

❤ This morning we went on a hike to Chittenango Falls... It was beautiful! :) The pictures don't even do it justice!! :) but I hope you enjoy them anyway! :)























SO GUESS WHAT!! Heather is getting baptized this Saturday! We are so excited for her. She is so prepared. Every day I am just so grateful that I am able to be apart of so many people's lives and story. It is amazing. She is so excited for it and it has definitely been an amazing experience we are proud of her. 

Monica is still amazing. We got to teach her the full restoration and she is really excited to read and pray. She is great! 

Dave is trying his hardest. I have definitely seen that the promise in Moroni 10:3-5 is true. We can receive an answer but.. we need to have all 3 components, 1) asking in Faith 2) real intent 3)sincere heart. If you are just asking out of curiosity you won't receive an answer if you don't really intend on getting baptized if you receive an answer.. you won't get the answer. You have to have it all or it will not come. Dave's sincere heart and real intent have been clouded by Anti materials and he is trying so hard to fight through it. It is possible Christ's Atonement can help with everything but that is why it is so important to not even play with the Devil's chains. It is so hard to get out of them but it is possible. Holland says "It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines." 
I know that is true. Christ can pull us up out of any abyss as long as we reach for him. We have to put forth our effort and I now that Dave can do it. Faith is a gift from God that is achieved as we work hard.








Also.. we were wondering where to tract one night and we just left not knowing what we were going to do and we met this lady, Robin. We were walking and then we thought.. lets tract this street on the way to our other one. So we knocked on the doors and the last door. IT ALWAYS IS THE LAST DOOR :) (no matter what direction you take) She was praying all day that God would just help her. She has a broken car right now and someone took her home and she left her phone in their car. So she was just hoping God would help her. She opens the door and we tell her we are missionaries and something we said got her to laugh then she tells us her crazy day and we say "You could use our phone" She gives us this huge hug and calls her daughter. Then she says "Alright, now what can I do for you?" So we shared the Book of Mormon with her. Actually, Sister Christensen did it like a BOSS! She was amazing. She just cuts her off because.. you have to some New Yorkers can talk! :) And then she just testifies and the spirit was so strong. Robyn definitely felt it and she said she would read and come to our church. She is amazing and we went back this week and she did read and we were able to talk more. She really gets it. She is amazing!! :) 








We went and did service for this cute lady in our ward. We go and visit her occasionally because she can't get out to church on Sundays but we usually "dance" for her as we leave her house... it's a tradition and she loves it but this time I was in jeans so I did backflips for her and kicks and she was SHOCKED!! I almost gave her a heart attack haha!! she is amazing!! :) It was just a funny story haha! :) 








John is getting baptized. He is so excited to be baptized and he is really working hard for it! We are so proud of him. He has seen his life turn around and he is in 2 Nephi already. He LOVES the Book of Mormon. :) So it is great!! :) 







We also were tracting this week and we knocked on an extra door before our appt and we met this guy who just that day his mom had been diagnosed with cancer and his teenagers are being teenagers and we testified of The Book of Mormon and he was so excited to read it and really wants us to come back. He is amazing. We are so excited to see what happens. It's amazing how much you really see the hand of the Lord when you do his work. I definitely know now more than ever how much our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to know he is there. 

We also put Becky on date to be baptized. She wants to soo bad and has worked for so many dates and knows that this is true but every time she works for it something happens. She is going to make this one though. I love her so much and I want her to be baptized so bad. She just wants to follow Christ. She has such great faith. 

Well to end the week. I finished The Book of Mormon this week, I was reading it and marking every time it talks about Christ and it was amazing. My Book of Mormon is all marked up. I am so grateful that I did that it made me understand my Savior so much better and I feel like I have grown so much closer to him. I love this gospel and I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and all that it teaches us. I know for myself that this Church is Christ's church once again restored on the earth and that The Book of Mormon is an additional witness to help us come closer to God and to our Savior Jesus Christ. I love them and I am so grateful for this time I have had to spend out here. :) 

Love Sister DeVries






































No comments:

Post a Comment