6.26.2017

Heather got baptized!!!


This week was amazing!!! :) We worked our tails off!! :)

So first news, I am getting transferred to Massena, NY :) It is right by Canada. It has been closed and I am going to open it up with a brand new missionary! :) President told me that he announced that they were going to be Sisters in the Branch on Sunday and they all cheered right there in sacrament meeting. I am so excited they haven't had Sisters in years!! I'm sure it will take me right back to the Greenwich days! :) I love New York and I know that the Lord has so much in store for me and my little baby girl up there in Massena :) We are going to hit the pavement running! :) (If you can't tell by my smiley faces and overuse of exclamation points... I'm pretty excited)

Sister Christensen is staying. I am really sad to leave her and we are doing amazing together and I will miss Fayetteville but I know that the Lord has more in store for both of us.
So the best news of all!!
Volunteering at local OZ Museum


HEATHER SAYLES got baptized!! It is amazing!! She is so excited and she is already doing amazing things! We love her so much! She came out of the font and I gave her a dripping wet hug and we just smiled bigger than I ever have. It was the happiest thing. She was just beaming. So that was a really special moment. I love baptisms because they are little moments where I feel the earth and our busy lives meet our Eternal Lives, It is a time where we forget about all the little things the world can make us get caught up in and we focus on the eternal perspective. It is amazing. But, first I'll go into the event of that day because it was just amazing.

So we first got back to Fayetteville from Utica. We were there for exchanges. Then we worked all day long and later that day we went to go fill up the font. We get it started then went to get some things out of the car and (I'm kinda embarrassed to say but...) I locked the keys in the trunk. haha!! with the baptismal suit. YUP.. luckily the bishop was there for his daughters' graduation party so he called AAA and we got it, but it was hilarious. But that was the worst thing that happened. :) It was all fine in the end. So I don't know if you all remember but I first met Heather while I was serving in Syracuse. She attended the church there with Justin Zarian (her fellow shipper). Well at the baptism guess who came all my YSA friends from Syracuse including ARIEL!!! I love her sooo much!! She came in and we just gave each other the BIGGEST hug! I have missed her so much. :) It was so amazing to see her. Then the program went so well and Heather's family came. It was amazing! They felt the spirit so strong, They were teary eyed the whole night and the ward really fellowshipped them. Then they came to her confirmation and it was amazing as well. We asked if we could come that night to teach them about our church and they said yes and we are now teaching them. It is amazing. I was really sad to tell them that I was now leaving but I love them so much and they are excited to meet the family when I come back. They are amazing. :) So that was a huge highlight of my week.

Dave is still doing well and he came to the baptism and was really moved and stayed for all 3 hours of church. He is going to get it one day I just know it. He is working so hard to receive an answer he has to be a kingdom builder. :)

So..... NANCY from Syracuse came and visited me this week. It was amazing to talk with her she is so excited to hear all about my life and it is great because I know that we will stay in touch when I get home. She is doing well and she is still reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. :)

We had exchanges in New Hartford this week and that was amazing!! I got to see some of my favorite people like Prince and Sister Feliciano!! :) Sis. Felicano predicted my future and it was CRAZY... I hadn't told her anything and she just knew.... it's the Latina in her!! :) I also got to work with Sister Anderson. It was all around amazing. I am soo glad that I got to be there right before I go up. Definitely got some closure. :) It was amazing!! It's so great to see that the Gospel affects people the same no matter where you go. It is the same solution to all of our problems. It is exactly what we need to solve everything and it is what makes us so happy. We meet people all the time that say "Oh yeah. If I wasn't (specific religion) I'd be Mormon you guys are always so nice." It is heart-wrenching to hear that but it is so amazing to know that it is because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's because we are living EVERYTHING that he has ever taught. This is the recipe to the happiest life. Just like it says in Mosiah 2:41 41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

Well, that was my week. :) IT was definitely a great one! Love you all!!

Sister DeVries














No comments:

Post a Comment